Monday, October 3, 2011

How to Love

I'm not sure how I'm feeling on the current topic at hand. Everywhere I look I see people pairing off; getting together. Couples are taking over my life. I see engagement pictures and big honkin' rings all over Facebook. All I hear from my friends is cutsie stories about them and their significant others. It's not that this bothers me, I'm way happy for everyone out there that is able to find that special someone for them; I wish them all the happiness in the world and I'm always willing to listen to their stories because I've been there and I know how they feel. But it gets old when you feel like you're the only person you know that doesn't have a "someone". Even my single friends have some "special" friend to flirt with and cuddle and kiss; they'll probably end up being couples soon enough. I miss having that one person that's always there and that can always make me happy. No amount of crushes can make up for liking one guy that likes you back.
But at the same time, not any guy will do. No, he needs to be the perfect guy for me; my best friend, fitting everything on my list, and wanting to be with me too. Thanks to a certain someone, the bar has been set extremely high and I won't settle for anything less. This is one of the reasons why it's very difficult to escape the "single" status. Also, I have no time to spend with anyone to find out if they do make the cut. I'm not close enough with anyone to even consider them as a companion. Right now I'm basically dating my school, my band, and my job... Which is fine with me.
I miss being in a relationship, but I'm not freaking out to be in one again; if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I also enjoy single life and being independent. Mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey couples kind of gross me out anyway. I'm also fed up with people trying to play match maker; I'll find a guy on my own; on my own time, with my own taste, and in my own way because he will be my own boyfriend. I'm only 19! There's no hurry, seriously! It's also kind of fun being about to flirt around and get samples to find what I'm looking for. No one can ever get on my case about "cheating" just because I have a flirty personality.

Who knows... Maybe the reason I'm so disgustingly single is because I'm suppose to be waiting for my "soul mate". Maybe it's even someone I already know. Maybe that's why I'm ok with being so single; I know MY guy is out there and AZ just needs him more right now; he'll be back soon enough. Like I said before, I'm only 19, I'm in no hurry. Maybe I'm subconsciously making myself un-dateable for that very reason. Or maybe HE's not really the one for me and this just isn't my luckiest round of the dating game. Especially since all the guys that I do start to like and hang out with get taken or turn into total douches. Players, losers, idiots, babies, immature old fogies, fickle brats, clueless boys, you name it, I've had the worse possible luck with guys ever since I broke up with Devin. Several of the guys I've liked have even ended up being gay... like I said, really bad luck... And all the guys that like me are creepers and/or ridiculously awkward.

So I'm completely torn between wanting to be in a relationship really bad and being completely revolted by the very thought... it's getting really obnoxious. Hopefully eventually I'll figure out How (and who) to Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment